Happy White River Festival Community Fun Day on Saturday, September 6, 2014!
White River Festival Community Fun Day
offers free events for whole family Sept. 6
Saturday, September 6 | White River State Park
What: A central feature of the annual White River Festival, Community Fun Day offers the chance for the public to learn about the White River in a fun, interactive way through hands-on activities, recreational opportunities, educational tours and performances. This event is FREE to the public.
When: Saturday, September 6 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Celebration Plaza at White River State Park, 801 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis
· Pedal boat journey on the canal
· 2nd Annual White River Festival Walk and Fun Run (featuring photo opportunities with your dog!)
· Art activities from the Indianapolis Art Center
· Polar bear plunge activity with the Indianapolis Zoo
· Face painting
· DNR wildlife tours to explore the riverbank
· Live animals from Cool Creek Nature Center, Hamilton Co. Parks and Recreation
· …and much more to be announced in coming weeks!
Community Fun Day is part of the two-week-long White River Festival, which celebrates the area’s land, wildlife, plants, streams and people and highlights the theme of recreation September 1-14 at venues and locations throughout central Indiana.
About the White River FestivalFunded in large part by the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust, the White River Festival is coordinated by the Upper White River Watershed Alliance in partnership with more than a dozen conservation-minded organizations and community arts and education institutions. For more information, visit www.whiteriverfestival.org.
This information was provided by Bohlsen Group in Indianapolis. I was not compensated to write this post. I decided to post this article simply because I believe that this event will be very beneficial for families visiting/living in the Indianapolis area. As always, please check for more information about the event by visiting www.whiteriverfestival.org